In our usual style we provided commentary on all three (Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony) E3 presentations and we've come to the conclusion that there wasn't even a real need to…
After Microsoft’s Conference being a complete failure to show anything for gamers, it falls to Nintendo to set the bar.Â The conference is about to start and below you will find our thoughts and commentary on what was shown.
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Nintendo is coming out way strong with a new Zelda game!
– It uses the Wiimote with Wii Motion Plus and the nunchuck for real time sword and shield motion.Â Unfortunately the motion tracking appeared to be complete trash as Shigeru Miyamoot was on stage trying to get it to work.Â It was really, really off and we cringed feeling really embarrassed for them.Â At one point in the presentation they actually asked if anyone was using a wireless device because they were getting a lot of “wireless interference” — doh!Â (Probably a Sony Employee in the audience!)
– It looks beautiful.Â Amazing graphics.Â Really nice animations.Â Compared to a somewhat muddy looking Zelda last released on the Wii, Skyward Sword appears to be using a ton of stylization and color to make a vibrant world.
– The concept seems like it would work.Â Shield bashing and full use of motion to really engage the player in the game as Link.Â If it worked, this would be an acceptable use of motion control in a game compared to what has been shown at E3 so far.
– A new item called the “Beetle” was shown.Â They tried to show us what it did but … well it wasn’t working because of the “wireless interference”.Â In the trailer we saw that it can grab thing s and fly with them like taking a bomb to a wall.Â The Whip was also shown which collects items and possible stuns enemies(?).
– Ack.Â Not available until next year.Â Well, perhaps it will help with the wireless interference.
Much more commentary and really exciting news below! —-> (more…)