ChaosCast Episode #4, the podcast brought to you by the troublesome trio of WAR bloggers (Keen, Snafzg, and Syp), is available for your listening pleasure! In this episode, which we refer to as “Telekinesis, pig’s blood, and the prom”, we sit down and interview Carrie Gouskos of Mythic Entertainment. As the Producer for the Tome of Knowledge, Carrie gives us the lowdown on how the ToK is coming along as well as lots of great information on what it’s like working for Mythic and on Warhammer Online.
During the interview there were a few things that stood out to me from the rest:
- Carrie hinted at something huge: “There is something that we have not yet announced about the tome that is going to, I think, blow everybody out of the water. It’s going to keep the game going forever and ever and ever.”
- The ToK will not be like the LOTRO Deed log (Kill 500 lizards) unless you want it to be. The ToK is designed to work naturally with the player as they progress in the game.
- ToK tactics only impact PvE.
- The Bragging rights section of the tome is a lot about competition with others.
- Carrie really pushed that the ToK will continue to be developed well beyond release.
- Carrie Gouskos min/maxes Choose Your Own Adventure books.
- Carrie Gouskos officially hates Lurikeens…
Roasted on the Spit:
We interview Carrie Gouskos, Tome of Knowledge Producer for Mythic Entertainment. (~40 Min of interview)
The Blow Hole (Listener Mail)
This week The Blow Hole takes the place of our usual Round Table Discussion as we sift through all the emails and questions you, our listeners, sent in.
1. Min/Maxing in WAR
2. Tactics in WAR – Balance or choice?
3. How young is too young to beta test?
4. What don’t we like about WAR?
5. Chrono Chaos stuff.
Welcome to the Community
– Bloghammer Online
– A fond farewell to WAR Noob
We would like to once again thank Carrie “Lurikeen Hater” Gouskos for allowing us to interview her on ChaosCast! It was a pleasure getting to hear her passion for what she does and I personally can’t wait to see how that translates into the game. We hope that you all enjoy this episode and welcome any feedback, questions, or confessions of your undying love on any of our blogs in the comment sections.