Daybreak’s recent layoff shakeup caused a lot of people (myself included) to sincerely doubt the future of their portfolio. Inevitably, whenever layoffs like this occur, some people take to the internet and do a little “tell all” — usually on Reddit. This has been no exception.
An unnamed ‘leaker’ took to Reddit with a post about what’s happening with EverQuest, Planetside, H1Z1/Just Survive, etc.
Here are the highlights:
- H1Z1 limping along
- Just Survive probably sunsetting
- Planetside 2 limping along
- Planetside 3 in development as a battle royale / territory builder
- EverQuest & EverQuest 2 are getting final expansions
- Everquest 3 is in development again to compete with Pantheon and will be a team-based battle royale pvp game
- DCUO still exists
Okay. Let’s get real here for a second.
PUBG 1.0 launched this week. That means the game which sold millions and almost won game of the year 2017 is no longer in early access. Coinciding with the launch…
Fascinating what a bit of internet drama can do for a dying game. Fortnite is currently (as of 6:32pm PT on 10/10/2017) the 8th game in terms of Twitch viewership. PUBG…
I want Blizzard to make a battle royale game. Why? Because it would be cool to see their take on the emerging genre. Blizzard typically sits back and watches a…