I’ve been doing the “end-game”, or what is currently available in the end-game of FFXIV, for a couple of weeks now.
The common sentiment is that Square may have rushed things a bit. Â To get ready for doing true end-game activities one must run the same two dungeons over and over. Â One of those dungeons is a story dungeon, which causes a rift between those who want to speed run and those who want to watch cutscenes.
Grinding CM and AK Â (the two dungeons) yields tokens which can be redeemed for gear. Â The gear is really only needed to complete part of the Relic Weapon quest, then advance into the only “raid” currently available: Coil of Bahamut.
Right now I’m still in the “taking it slow” phase. I run 2-3 AK’s a day (30 min each) and collect tokens to redeem for gear I’ll need to comfortably slay Titan and Garuda Hardmode.
Can it improve? Yes. Â I wrote only a few days ago that a variety of dungeons wouldn’t hurt. Â Adding two or three more would be a great start. Â Speeding up the Duty Finder would also go a long way.
What I’m not suggesting is enhancing the gear grind. Â Some people are recommending a faster vertical climb. Â Me? Â I think a nice horizontal progression would be much better. Â More dungeon options, lots of gear in the same tier, and a long, long time before I have to worry about replacing the gear I just worked hard to earn.
Long story short, it’s not bad. Â Having played on a few hours a night, I’m only a couple of weeks away from being able to do the hardest content. Â That’s very reasonable.
Update: Patch 2.05 is bringing a great deal of change.Â A lot of what has been bugging me and others about the end-game is being addressed.Â All the details.
- Changes will be made to the way equipment is bound.
- Introducing additional servers and enhancements to act as a countermeasure against the congestion to enter “Amdapor Keep.”
- The difficulty for level 50 dungeons will be adjusted.
- The number of areas where you can acquire Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy and Mythology will be increased as well as the amount you can acquire.
- Implementation of a population cap for each field.
- Adjustments to the spawn rate of monsters that drop diremite web and additional locations where Karakul can be found.
- The amount of experience points that can be acquired on botanist and miner, as well the experience points that can be acquired from their fieldcraft leves, will be increased.
- User interface elements related to materia and target information will be adjusted.