It’s that time again! Spring is in the air, summer is right on the horizon, and we once again have backlogs of backlogs of backlogs, and lots of games are releasing in the next few months. We do this every year. We evaluate where we’re at with the games we played this past year, and how many we still need to finish so that we can alleviate some of our cognitive dissonance we feel when we want to buy more new games but haven’t finished what’s currently on our shelf.
Let’s look at our backlogs.
- Xenoblade – Now available at Gamefly as well instead of being a Gamestop exclusive. I need to finish this, but the more I play the more I realize it’s so enormous.
- Tales of the Abyss
- Resident Evil 3DS
- Metal Gear solid 3DS – Need to finish
Rayman– Just finished
- Uncharted 3 – Need to finish
- Skyrim – I was overwhelmed by Skyrim. It was too big for me, too much to handle when it launched. I need to break it into pieces and chew slowly.
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (30% off on Sale) + DLC – I’m working my way through this one. I really want to finish up all the quests and play the DLC.
Games we’re working through Co-op
- Disney Universe
- Saints Row 3 (50% off on Sale)
- Gears of War 3 (last mission)
- Lego Harry Potter 2
Now’s the time to finish your backlogs or take advantage of the sales during this calm before the storm. This summer might actually prove to be the best in many years with Diablo 3, Lego Batman 2, The Amazing Spider-Man, Darksiders 2, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, Mario Tennis Open (3ds), Heroes of Ruin (3ds), and possibly Guild Wars 2 releasing. You can see why we’re anxious to finish up these backlogs.
What’s in your backlog that you need to finish up before the Summer wave?