Today marks the beginning of a new dawn in WAR.Â It’s the day that, in theory, RvR finally receives the much needed polish that it should have launched with back in September.Â The patch brought with it a lot of new additions, fixes, and changes like all patched seem to do and I’m going to break it down for you into my brief impressions after playing for a couple hours.
- RvR Influence rocks!Â The rewards are significant upgrades from my questing greens/blues.Â The influence seems to come at a rate that doesn’t make it feel like a grind yet at the same time will require a little work.Â The distribution of the items across the various tiers makes achieving full renown in all pairings beneficial.
- Set Items are good!Â I’m very pleased that my set items are worth using now.Â Overall the itemization here has been significantly improved.
- Interface changes make the game feel much more polished!Â I love the new hotkey changes and the little touch-ups made to the interface all over.
- The new chat window gets an A+.Â Â Item linking in chat combined with the new interface when clicking people’s names… it’s all just great.
- The delay is gone!Â My shaman’s heals feel much more responsive and my Squig Herder no longer has a delay when drawing back his shot.
- The ghosting that I’ve been complaining about is still running rampant.Â I’ll take the lag back please.Â It was better to lag while healing someone than to not be able to heal them at all due to their phasing into another plane of existance.
- There’s a new bug where mounts seem to be standing still all on their own … eerie really.Â Must be related to the ghosting.
- The contribution bug is still not fixed.Â I did some of the best healing I’ve ever done and placed 44th place.. WTF?Â Some guy shows up and announced to chat “I just got here and placed 10th, lol!” …….
- There seems to be a bug that removed the chicken mechanic.Â We have level 27’s in T1 taking all the objectives.Â No bueno.
The downright ugly
- I have CTD’d four times in the past hour and had a system lockup (had to use the reset button).Â This is… bad.Â It’s happened in Warcamps, in big RvR right before the king died, and on alts in scenarios.Â It sucks and it needs to be fixed please.
Overall, I’m loving the patch for what it introduced to the game.Â My ability to enjoy the game just skyrocketed and for the first time in weeks I actually want to log back on.Â Fix the crappy little bugs and lag issues though because they’re terrible.