What you can expect from us after WAR releases
It’s a slow Sunday evening so I thought this would be a good time to give our readers a heads up on what they can expect from this blog once Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning actually releases. Up to this point everything you’ve read has been either speculation, hopes, theorycrafting, or opinion on info bits surrounding the game’s development; like newsletters or announcements. Post-release you can expect the following:
- What we are actually experiencing in-game in the form of adventure logs
- Opinion and Discussion of gameplay elements, mechanics, systems, etc
- Firsthand info and how-to’s either in the form of guides or informative writeups. This is something that we really find interests a lot of people. Back when we played Lord of the Rings Online we made a simple leveling guide that detailed where we went at what level. Today it remains one of the top leveling guide resources out there and maintains a high position in google searches. We also saw our guide for killing Thorog (the oldschool version) linked on many guild websites. It’s always our pleasure to pass along wisdom we’ve gained in-game. If the situation presents itself you can expect these types of things again.
- Discussions on how we feel the game’s development post-release is coming along and more theorycrafting regarding the future of the game.
- Videos (If there is interest from our readers)
- Comics depicting our experiences and humor in-game (Goblannoyed)
What you can expect from us after the NDA drops
I wasn’t going to include this in here but I wanted to add a mini section on what you can expect from our blog after the NDA drops. Similar to our content coverage for Age of Conan, we plan to give you guys our opinion on various aspects of the game and hold nothing back. Although (at the time) many people felt we were rather harsh on Conan so early, in the end most of what we saw initially turned out to be true for a great many people weeks or months down the road. The point is, you know what to expect from us here. It includes:
- Video content (if there is interest)
- Opinions on all aspects of the game that we have experienced
- Q/A – you guys give us the questions and we’ll answer them to the best of our ability. If you want to know something in particular before you go out and spend the money, and you trust our opinion, then ask away. (Questions can be pre-posted here if you wish or later when we create the specific blog entry)
- More (If there is something you want to see and you feel we may be interested in writing about it then please let us know)
Lastly I want to point out that our blog is a ‘Gaming blog’ and not specifically setup for Warhammer Online. First and foremost, we blog about the games we play. Although WAR will be a huge game for us it will not be our only content. While we are playing WAR we’ll continue to watch the development of upcoming games, give our thoughts on what else we’ve played (yep, we play a lot of stuff), and give our usual thoughts and evaluations on the gaming industry as a whole. I think we’ve actually been called A.D.D. once. In this case we think that actually benefits us and our readers.
Good times on the horizon. Now the quiet before the storm begins to set in.