WOOOHOO!!! I was gone all day at a wedding and doing other stuff away from the house and comp and when I came home I had absolutely no expectations for a Blizzard announcement. I walked into “The Cave” (what we call our gaming room) and Graev tells me in the most nonchalant way, “Blizzard made their announcement today”. “WHAT?! WHAT IS IT?!”, was my reply. “Some stupid WotLK date or something”, he says again in that complete mellow tone. I went to my pc and turned it on, of course making my normal stop at Blizzard’s main site. Upon checking Blizzard.com I’m greeted by the epic words: ” And the heavens… SHALL TREMBLE”… I was floored at that point and spent an hour devouring every word of the new Official Diablo III website.
I’m almost at a loss for words right now. FINALLY a PC game worth waiting for that isn’t a mmorpg. If you haven’t already, get yourself to the official site immediately and digest all the information. A few notes I took in my head from watching the debut gameplay trailer, trailer, looking at screenshots, artwork, etc:
- The environmental graphics, animations, spell effects, and overall the entire game just looks amazing.
- DESTRUCTIBLE ENVIRONMENTS!!
- The Barbarian’s abilities look crazy. Lots more flying around, stomping, smashing, and fun.
- The Witch Doctor is a perfect class choice. The spells like the swarm and zombie wall provoked an audible “WOAH!” while I watched the debut gameplay trailer.
- Gear looks great and the effects on it will be spectular
- More randomized maps = more replayability
- Bosses looked epic
- An improved B.Net! (Graev and I both think they’ll charge money, heh)
There’s so much more to say but that’s enough for now. I’m stoked, elated, giddy, and all that good stuff. Seems like only Blizzard is capable of bringing that excitement out in me and it’s never been for a mmorpg. Go figure.
Guesses on a release date? Dibs on October 31, 2009!