After playing the AoC PvP Weekend and getting the opportunity to experience characters from levels 1-6 in PvE and at level 20 in a templated form of PvP, we have been left with more questions than we had going into the event. We have several burning questions in the back of our minds that can not go unanswered. These questions will determine not only what class and server type we choose but if we even play the game at all. Right now there is still a NDA in place and the answers to these questions, for the most part, are probably going to have to wait until closer to release. Maybe some of them can be answered now and the info was just overlooked; that’s why we want to pose these questions now.
There is no particular format or order for these questions. Graev and I simply wrote them down as we thought of them.
- Does the Soldier archetype improve later in levels? (Right now it feels very weak)
- Can the Soldier archetype step out of “tank mode” and fill another role in a group or are they destined to be a meatshield forever? (Example: Can I be a DPS Dark Templar?)
- Do the Demonologist and Necromancer eventually deal real damage?
- Is the PvE similar to WoW? aka: Questing from 1-80 and then raiding for gear over and over. If not then what is it like? Questing or Grinding to level? Raiding for gear? Group dungeons for gear?
- If I don’t have a big guild am I screwed? Right now I have a group of 3 that I play with but that’s it.
- In what way is the Border Kingdom different from the mini-games? Details!
- Is it worth it to be a mercenary for blood money or is it just some cheap idea that falls by the wayside because no one ever needs a mercenary?
- Will gear be super important to your character like in WoW or will it be more like WAR where the gear is 25% of your character and skill+abilities = most important?
- What does PvP Exp get me?
- Losing PvP experience on death seems harsh… why would I participate in these Mini-games just to lose more exp than I gain?
- How much will it cost to respec feats and will there be a limit to the number of times you can respec? Need as much detail as possible here!
More questions will be added throughout the day. As they are answered they will be moved below with their answer. If you have any questions that you are just dying to ask feel free to leave a comment. Maybe what you want to know isn’t covered by the NDA. Note: Please do not violate the NDA because your comment will be deleted.
Click ‘More’ for the questions that have been answered.
Is Spell Weaving going to be in the game? If so how does it work?
â€œWe are working hard on the features we havenâ€™t shown off in beta, features we have held back on purpose to have some new revelations at launch. Among these are spellweaving, massive PVP, and DirectX 10 [graphics]â€
â€œI played with spellweaving the other day, and I must say: It is a very scary experience. My necromancer character had dark matter and skulls growing out of the ground everywhere around her, and gradually my powers changed. Spells that normally were applied to only a single target started spreading out and damaging huge belts of opponents in a cascading madness. Itâ€™s a truly unique feature I am very excited about.â€
Can small guilds (really small) have cities or any form of property?
â€œ3.8 But Iâ€™m in a small guild! We donâ€™t have the manpower to hold something like that.
Building, maintaining, and defending a battlekeep does take a lot of resources and manpower, and itâ€™s not something every guild has the capacity to do. Spread over the Border Kingdom, you will find something we call towers, which function like mini-battlekeeps that can be captured and held by smaller guilds. While they do not give the same benefits as battlekeeps, it will definitely be worthwhile to control these structures, as well.â€