I was very pleased to see the news of Daybreak’s progress on the up and coming EverQuest progression server. Friday they announced that the “Slower Progression” option won the poll. If you recall from my previous EQ progression server post, this option wasn’t the my ideal choice but a close second. I would have preferred a locked progression, but given their latest bit of news a slow progression server might not be so bad.
- Maximum Nostalgia: 6 month unlocks until Gates of Discord; 3 months afterward. This ruleset would take six and a half years to reach where live servers are now.
- Kunark: 6 months
- Velious: 6 months
- Luclin: 6 months
- Planes of Power: 6 months
- Legacy of Ykesha: 2 weeks after PoP
- LDoN: 4 weeks after PoP
- Gates: 6 months (after PoP)
- Omens and later: 3 months
That’s not bad! Several years of EverQuest? Yep, I’m okay with that. They’re also talking about whether or not voting would be implemented or if the expansions would simply unlock at the predetermined time. I hope voting comes into play so that we can delay PoP.
A few of us in our forum community are already planning to start a group on the server. Let’s hope they keep moving at this pace.