I played the MO trial. It feels like ... garbage. I will give it another year, I guess. My official review:
Upon logging in, I proceeded to:
1) Find out you can see through walls by swinging at them. /bang
2) Find out you can kill the first "welcome to the game" NPC without repercussions. PLUS it raises your weapon skills /bang2
3) Followed some noob around bashing him. Not sure if I was in a "safe" zone or not, because I wasn't getting attacked by guards or whatever.
4) Got frustrated. Also found out there is tab targeting. Weird.
5) Accidentally committed suicide (?)
6) Logged out, changed my resolution, logged back in
7) Tried to communicate, but I couldn't figure out how
DF is celebrating it's 2 year anniversary. Client is on sale for $9.95 until April 1.