WORK IN PROGRESSClass OverviewStat Allocation
Melee Wardens are very stat intensive which makes the class very gear dependent. As you level up you will find that it is sometimes difficult to keep all of your stats up. Don't stress it. Only every few levels when you gain access to major upgrades or a new slot like rings and earrings will you feel like you have caught up. The goal here is to find an equilibrium, knowing that you can always improve.
Below are each of the important stats and their percentage or goals that you should shoot for.Intelligence
- Determines our damage output on spells and
pet damage. This is our STR equivalent. When you let your intel dip too low you will notice a drastic decrease in overall dps. Target:
We want this to be no lower than +10% Damage. Perception
- Controls our resist and miss rates as well as our pet's. When you watch your combat log and see that some damage has been blocked, resisted, parried, or that you miss completely it is because your perception is too low for the target you are fighting. While it is probably the most important stat, we're going to shoot for a goal that is both obtaintable and functional.Target:
< 13% chance to miss/resist. Wisdom
- This is the same as our Finesse stat and determines how well we (and our pet) penetrate our target's armor. If this is too low our damage will be reduced. When we cross the 0% threshold we do bonus damage. Wis also determines how big our mana pool is as well as our mana regen. Target:
Currently the tooltip is broken and we can not see percentages. I have found it best to keep this on part with intelligence.
- Quite simply, Luck determines our chance to crit and do glancing blows for melee, spells, and heals. Since we do little burst damage, getting crits is important to our class. We need to be able to crit consistently. In our talent grids we have +crit % talents that we will take and they will be most effective when this stat is higher. You'll find that Luck is finicky. It has a threshold that must be crossed in order for it to go above 5%. Once you cross that threshold you will notice that you chance to crit increases exponentially with each point. Target:
20% to crit or better. I found it tough to reach this goal before level 20.Stats to rememberEndurance
- The higher this is the lower chance we have to be crit. Pay attention to it, but don't worry too much. Gear will naturally have endurance on it. This is soemthing to think about more when you are higher level.Stamina
- HP. More HP = live longer. Agility
- We need this to be fairly high in order to avoid being hit. The more you avoid the better. At level 20 this was my second highest stat without even worrying about it.Where do I put that 1 stat point every level?
In the short run your 1 point per level isn't going to make much difference at all considering a piece of gear will have +5 to this and +6 to that. However, in the long run it will be a significant number of points. Some people make the mistake of being fairly short-sighted and wanting to put these points into their important stat like intel or perception. However, they don't realize that some of our gear may be lacking in a stat when we reach the mid levels. I've found that Wisdom is several lacking on gear that also contains enough int, perception, and luck to reach those target goals. As a result, I would put all of the points while leveling into Wisdom.Target:
Put them all into Wisdom. Talents