Yesterday’s EQN Landmark Livestream was finally something to get really excited about. For the first time I feel like I understand more of how the tools will work, what the game will be about, and how I will find unique enjoyment beyond what a typical MMO or other block building game can provide.
If you want tons of amazing info, watch the whole thing. If you just want gameplay skip to 16:00 min.
Here are some of my key takeaways:
- Build anything you can imagine.
- Combat comes after launch but will involve slaying beasts for materials and/or decorations
- Crafting creates tables, decorations, weapons, and other things
- Placing blocks uses resources you must gather
- Erasing or healing reclaims used resources
- Crafters, Fighters, Explorers, Gatherers and Builders will all find ways to play and rely on each other. Fighters sell their goods, builders, gatherers sell their guilds to builders, builders sell templates to everyone, explorers find places for fighters, etc.
To answer the latest EQN Roundtable poll, I’m definitely building fantasy. I already have my vision for a kingdom inspired by magic and mischief. I want roleplaying taverns, workshops, ore processing centers, lumberyards, farms — all built with a magical, gnome-meets-dwarf theme. Maybe my entire gaming community will all build in one area and we can somehow incorporate our designs.