First, for those who have never heard of the game, here’s a quick bit of info.
About City of Steam:
City of Steam, a full-featured, browser-based 3D MMORPG, transports players to an industrial metropolis that has fallen from grace. Emerging from the ashes of ages past, heroes versed in swordplay, divine harmonies, and the arcane arts seek their fortune in a world beset by countless foes, from dangerous factions to mechanical horrors.
From what we can tell, City of Steam blends fantasy and steampunk settings. Classes include everything from sharpshooting Gunners to church hymnal singing Channelers. City of Steam is a Free-to-Play game, and as always we’re hesitant to believe any claim made by any developer that it won’t be pay-to-win, but we’re a sucker for giving everyone a chance to prove the model wrong.
During the upcoming weekend you’ll be able to try the Elves, and the next weekend will be all about the Greenskins (always our favorite). Playable classes will be the Arcanist, Gunner, Warder, and Channeler.
We’ll be giving City of Steam a try for the first time this weekend so we can’t weigh in with our opinions just yet. We encourage anyone interested in the setting or features of the game, and willing to help test, grab a key and get in there to experience the game. Look for our followup post with our impressions, and be sure to let us know what you think!
You can find our giveaway widget after the break.
(1) One key per person.
(2) Faked entries will disqualify all of your entries. We’ll know.
(3) Invalid entries or entries we can not verify will not count.
(4) Winners will be notified by email.
How to redeem your key if you win:
1. After getting your Alpha key, head to the City of Steam website here.
2. Register an account (or sign in if you already have one), copy/paste your Alpha Key, and click the register/sign-in button, then click on the ‘Play Now’ button and test out City of Steam’s Alpha release.
The Alpha test will run on the weekends of July 27-29 and August 3-5, starting on Fridays at 19:00 PDT (22:00 EDT) and lasting until Mondays at 00:00 PDT (03:00 EDT.
Thanks again to Mechanist Games for providing us the keys for our giveaway.
Here’s a video with some Alpha footage: