K&G’s AoC Open Beta Podcast
Our AoC Open Beta podcast is available for listening. It’s longer than we wanted it to be (~38 minutes) but we had a lot to say. It’s crunch time for us in our decision of whether or not we’re going to get the game. With AoC’s performance and polish issues we’re skeptical of being burned by another Vanguard.
Here is a quick rundown of the podcast:
- Open Beta’s performance on the “average” machine and why it may keep us (and a huge potential playerbase) out of AoC.
- Open Beta’s stability and performance compared to Closed Beta – an older client?! … WTF is Funcom thinking?
- Stylized vs. Realistic Graphics
- Button mashing = Revolutionary Combat? Graev and I disagree about Funcom’s “active combat” being button mashing.
- AoC’s future on the console… is it destiny?
We ramble quite a bit and even disagree pretty strongly on the button mashing. Some good discussion in this podcast and hopefully those of you who listen will take something away from it.
PS. You can listen to the podcast right here on our blog at the top of our main menu.