Yesterday was the first Live Dev Blog with Jess Lebow (FLS Content Director). Jess offered up several very informative and exciting answers to the questions posed by the community. I’ve gathered up all of Jess’ answers in to a list of what we can expect in the near future of Pirates of the Burning Sea and also a list of what appears to be the main focus and goals of FLS at this time. You can find the entire log here.
What’s to come?
- Swashbuckling Changes: Improved NPC AI, traps, obsticles, cleaning up boarding combat, making skills more unique.
- Overhaul of Point-a-Pitre, French Capital: New Missions, art, Npcs, animations, story and more.
- New missions as rewards
- Episodic Storylines
- Less repetitive missions
- Dev vs. Beta Testers Battle Royale 3
- Adventure Sites aka “Traditional MMO Hunting Areas”
- Improved Tutorials
- Society Warehouses
Where does the FLS Dev focus seem to be centered?
- Improving upon the base of what is already in the game
- Adding more diversity
- Fixing Swashbuckling
- Uniting the community
- Making PotBS feel like a MMO